Mrs Aarons, Mrs Richards and Mrs Mutch help us to learn and grow in Class 4.
Autumn 2 - Awesome Egyptians
During English lessons we will be:
- Writing Kenning poetry, a newspaper and a non-chronological report about Ancient Egyptian life
- Reading for pleasure
- Discussing new and exciting texts and their features
- Leaning how to use coordinating and subordinating conjunctions
- Working hard to improve our handwriting
- Learning spelling strategies and finding the meaning of new words using dictionaries
- Discussing our core text: William and the Missing Masterpiece.
During maths we learn about:
- Using formal written methods of addition, subtraction and multiplication
- Learning multiplication and division facts
- Problem solving
- Adding and subtracting 1s, 10s, 100s, 1,000s
- Finding the perimeter of a shape
Our science topic is sound
In RE we are learning about Incarnation/God
In P.E we will be learning ...
Children in Year 4 have a wonderful and exciting swimming lesson on a Thursday morning. All children are expected to participate during these fun sessions. Please ensure your child has their swimming kit for each session.
OUR PRAYER CORNER
During the school day, there are dedicated times where we collectively stop, think and reflect. Children are invited to join in with these prayers.
For health and strength and daily food,
We thank you, God. Amen
End of day prayer
At the end of the day we would like to say,
Thank you, God, for a lovely day.
Please keep us safe 'til the morning. Amen
Our classroom and playground have prayer spaces that children may visit too.
What can you do to help your child this academic year?