Miss Combs, Miss Somers, Mrs Ward, Mrs Cooper and Mrs Kousar warmly welcome you to Class 2.
You are very welcome to email Miss Combs or Mrs Goodwin for advice and support.
This term we will be learning about...
- This term we will be reading 'Eat Your Peas!' and creating some persuasive writing about eating healthy.
- We will be practising our handwriting and continuing with our Read, Write, Inc phonics and comprehension.
- We will be practising writing letters, using lots of vocabulary and writing some non-fiction reports on a local hero.
- This term we are learning lots of ways to answer addition and subtraction questions and thinking about the best way to work out a sum.
- We will be able to use Times Table Rockstars as we revise what we have learnt.
- We will also be learning how to tell the time.
- In our topic lessons, we will be learning about animals including humans and how to be healthy.
- We will be learning lots about local heroes and even researching a local hero of our choice!
- We will be looking at how we can care for others in the world and why this matters.
- We will be creating collages and portraits in our art lessons.
- In our computing lessons, we are going to be looking at using the internet to find out information and thinking about how important the internet is to us.
- We will be learning about the Golden Rule in our RE lessons, which is used in many different religions.
- And we will be looking at changes in our lives, how to cope with changes and how to have a growth mindset.
We will be having lots of fun!