Welcome to Class 3
Mrs Aarons, Mrs Bromley and Miss Rigby
help us with our learning
in Class 3.
We love being in Class 3!
Watch our poetry recital...
A Journey Through the Stone Age
This term (Summer 1) our topic is...
What did the Romans do for us?
During English lessons we will be:
- Reading and discussing traditional tales with a twist.
- Planning and creating a traditional tale with a twist.
- Editing and improving our work.
- Taking part in peer and self-assessments.
- Creating acrostic poetry.
- Using further prefixes and suffixes.
- Completing numerous reading comprehensions on a variety of fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Summarising paragraphs taken from longer texts.
- Reading for pleasure.
In maths we will be:
- Learning about equivalent fractions and trying to identify them.
- Estimating and reading different scales (capacity and weight).
- Learning Roman numerals up to 100!
- Creating Roman numeral clock faces.
- Telling the time on a Roman numeral clock.
- Solving a variety of number problems.
- Practising our multiplication and division facts.
In Science we will be learning about:
Can you make different shadows with your body?
In R.E we are learning about...
Kingdom of God (Pentecost)
In P.E we will be learning about...
Outdoor Games and swimming
Children in Year 3 have a wonderful and exciting swimming lesson every week on a Thursday morning. All children are expected to participate during these fun sessions.
In French we will be learning how to use a bilingual dictionary and we will also be having short conversations about our likes and dislikes.
What can you do to help your child this academic year?