Welcome to Class 3
Mrs Aarons, Mrs Bromley and Miss Rigby
help us with our learning
in Class 3.
We love being in Class 3!
Watch our poetry recital...
A Journey Through the Stone Age
This term (Summer 2) our topic is...
WORLD CUP 2018
During English lessons this half term we will be...
- Studying our core text - Hermelin the Detective Mouse
- Writing a diary entry in role as Hermelin
- Writing a detective style narrative
- Creating advertisements
- Learning about Haiku poetry and performing poetry
- Spelling practice
- Completing various reading activities linked to Summer 2 topic
- Reading for pleasure
- Completing PIRA assessments
In maths we will be:
- Consolidating previous learning on equivalent fractions
- Revisiting place value of 3-digit numbers
- Adding and subtracting numbers mentally
- Revisiting written methods of multiplication and division
- Solving number problems (using all four operations)
- Comparing durations of events (for example to calculate the time taken by particular events or tasks)
In Science we will be learning about:
In R.E we are learning about...
In P.E we will be learning about...
Cricket and swimming
Children in Year 3 have a wonderful and exciting swimming lesson every week on a Thursday morning. All children are expected to participate during these fun sessions.
In French we will be learning how to use a bilingual dictionary and we will also be having short conversations about our likes and dislikes.
What can you do to help your child this academic year?