Welcome to Class 3
Mrs Aarons, Mrs Bromley and Miss Rigby
help us with our learning
in Class 3.
This term (Spring 2) our topic is...
Watch our poetry recital...
A Journey Through the Stone Age
During English lessons we will be:
- Reading and discussing the book 'The Day Louis Got Eaten'
- Writing a fiction & non-fiction text based on our core text
- Justifying predictions and inferences using textual clues
- Summarising paragraphs of text
- Continuing to edit and improving our work
- Learning how to use the present perfect form
- Continuing to improve our handwriting and testing our knowledge through dictation
- Completing PIRA Assessments
In maths we will be:
- Solving number problems using all four operations
- Learning the bar method for division
- Continuing with division and multiplication practice ( especially 3, 4, 8 tables)
- Identifying types of angles in 2D shapes
- Identifying different types of lines
- Completing PUMA Assessments
In Science we will be learning about:
In R.E we are learning about...
Our Class Assembly will take place on Friday 16th March
In P.E we will be learning about...
Gymnastics and swimming
Children in Year 3 have a wonderful and exciting swimming lesson every week on a Thursday morning. All children are expected to participate during these fun sessions.
What can you do to help your child this academic year?