Welcome to Class 3
Mrs Aarons, Mrs Bromley and Miss Rigby
help us with our learning
in Class 3.
This term (Autumn 2 ) our topic is...
During English lessons we will be:
- Reading and discussing the book 'Stone Age Boy'
- Writing a narrative with a historical setting
- Creating and discussing bear trap designs
- Writing an explanation text
- Punctuating contracted forms and using a comma after fronted adverbs/adverbials
- Creating and performing poems linked to our topic
In maths we will be learning:
- Ordering fractions with the same denominator
- Finding fractions of objects and quantities
- Counting in 4s, 25s and 50s
- Using inverse operations (all four operations)
- Investigating fraction missing number pattern
- Converting and reading measures
- Column addition and subtraction
In Science we will be learning about:
In R.E we are learning about...
Christmas - God is with us
In P.E we will be learning about...
Multi skills and swimming
Children in Year 3 have a wonderful and exciting swimming lesson every week on a Thursday morning. All children are expected to participate during these fun sessions.
What can you do to help your child this academic year?