Sports Premium at St James'
The Aims of our Physical Education Curriculum
- To enable children to develop and explore physical skills with increasing enjoyment, competence, control and coordination.
- To encourage children to work and play with others in a range of group situations.
- To increase children’s ability to use what they have learnt to evaluate and improve the quality and control of their performance.
- To teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise.
- To enable children to lead healthy, active lives and be physically active for sustained periods of time.
- To encourage participation in competition for developing skills in sportsmanship (for example: celebrating success, being supportive, striving to get better and handling disappointment).