The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
At St James' we believe in creating opportunities for all our children to reach their full potential.
In recent years we have used our Pupil Premium allowance to:
increase opportunities for children to work in small groups with adult support
- train staff to deliver the Maths Recovery intervention to targeted pupils
- equip teaching assistants and teachers with the skills to lead guided reasoning sessions in mathematics
provide musical instrument tuition
provide additional sporting activities
- provide opportunities for outdoor learning
run after school clubs and enrichment activities
At the end of each year we evaluate the impact these strategies have on our most vulnerable pupils. This helps us to make decisions for the next year year and identify the different needs within each year group in line with our Pupil Premium Policy.
Our Pupil Premium allowance is a very significant amount of money. This year it is over £100,000 so we have thought very carefully about how we can spend it to best meet the needs of our pupils.
This year we will use our Pupil Premium allowance to:
- increase opportunities for children to work individually/ in small groups with adult support (Higher Differentiated (HD) provision)
- employ staff to deliver one to one reading support to targeted pupils
- purchase support to raise attendance of targeted pupils
- provide and resource specialist computing tuition
- provide opportunities to apply key skills in cookery
If you think your child may be eligible for free school meals please contact Tameside Council using the following links.
Main information page: http://www.tameside.gov.uk/schools/meals
Direct link to application form: Online Application
Telephone: 0161 342 8355
Call in person: Customer Service Centres