Home School Agreement
Whilst your child is at St James’, their education is a three-way partnership between:
- parent and teacher
- teacher and child
- child and parent.
At St James’ Church of England Primary School, this partnership also involves the Governors, the Local Authority, the Church and the Community.
Together we will all:
- Provide for any special educational needs.
- Encourage the children to keep to the Golden Values and aspire to ‘stay green’.
- Support our children’s learning to help them achieve their best.
As a school we will try to:
- Encourage your child to do their best at all times.
- Encourage your child to take care of their surroundings and other people.
- Set, mark and monitor suitable homework for your child.
- Inform you about what the teachers intend to teach.
- Inform you about your child’s progress.
- Inform you about the events that take place in school.
- Advise you of child welfare issues that affect your child, eg the school nurse, free school meals.
- Be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the life of the school.
The pupil will try to keep the school’s Golden Values and ‘stay green’:
As a school we would like you, as parents/ carers, to:
- Make sure your child arrives at school on time and is properly equipped.
- Make sure that your child attends regularly and provides a note of explanation if your child is absent.
- Support your child with their homework and ensure that it is returned to school.
- Attend teacher consultations to discuss your child’s progress.
- When possible attend the Good Work Assembly, when your child has been chosen.
- Let the school know about any concerns or problems that might affect your child’s work or behaviour.
- Support the school policy for behaviour.
- Ensure that your child wears St James’ school uniform.