News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- University student suicide rates revealed
The Office for National Statistics publishes higher education suicide rates for the first time.
- Pupils upskirting teachers increasing, NASUWT Cymru warns
Union speaks out following legislation passed by the UK government making upskirting a criminal offe…
- Ofsted chief says poor white communities lack 'aspiration and drive'
Schools in white working-class areas can face multiple problems, says Ofsted's chief inspector.
- Cyan colour hidden ingredient in sleep
Adding or removing the colour cyan can have an impact on sleep, according to biologists.
- Brexit youth: 'I am angry and the future scares me'
Young people who missed out on voting on Brexit share their views.
- Three children suffer burns after camping kettle explodes
The girl and two boys were taking part in a cooking lesson when a camping kettle exploded.
- 'Should I stay or should I go now?'
EU staff and their families at UK universities face big decisions about staying after Brexit.
- Too many firsts risk universities' credibility, says think tank
The number of firsts given to students at degree level rose by 26% since 2010, Reform think tank say…
- Ofsted chief inspector backs ban on phones in schools
Amanda Spielman also says she supports punishments such as lines, litter-picking and detention.
- King's College racism row: Students support academic
Porters at King's College in Cambridge are accused of "hassling" non-white staff and students.